Karen Clark & Company (KCC) seeks a qualified fulltime Senior Technical Writer in our Boston office to lead the generation of technical documentation, white papers, social media posts, and various marketing materials. In this position, you will lead a team of other Technical Writers and work closely with KCC’s interdisciplinary Model Development and Client Relations teams.
KCC is the innovation and technology leader in catastrophe risk modeling. KCC professionals are globally recognized experts in catastrophe modeling and risk management. From our headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, we provide advanced models, innovative software, and comprehensive consulting services to (re)insurance company executives nationwide. These services enhance business strategies and the financial results put our clients at a competitive advantage. KCC catastrophe models currently cover tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, severe convective storms, floods, earthquakes, winter storms, and wildfires in over 50 countries. For more information, please visit www.kcc.us.com.
- • Organize and lead the efforts of a team of technical writers including prioritizing assignments and providing constructive feedback
- • Collaborate with a diverse team of scientists, engineers, analysts, and software developers to generate scientifically rigorous technical documentation for KCC catastrophe models and other products.
- • Craft engaging social media posts, press releases, and brochures consistent with company branding and thought leadership
- • Develop and distribute live event reports for major catastrophes as the occur
- • Work closely with subject matter experts and assist technical staff in developing scientific white papers, presentations, and other documents
- • Generate informational content for the company website
- • Maintain internal style specifications and review written documents for consistency, grammatical correctness, formatting, and clarity.
- • BA or BS degree in English, Communication, Marketing, or scientific field
- • 5+ years of technical writing and/or technical editing experience
- • Excellent writing and editing skills, including strong foundations in grammar and copyediting
- • Ability to write about complex topics in a clear, informative, and engaging manner
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- • Experience generating illustrative exhibits for complex topics, including flow charts and infographics
- • Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage both short- and long-term projects
- • Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products preferred (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD)
- • Experience with content management systems including Craft CMS a plus