Karen Clark & Company seeks a Senior Data Analyst to join our consulting team in our Downtown Boston office. Senior Data Analysts support complex consulting projects and partake in the extensive validation and finalization process of KCC’s catastrophe computer models, as well as developing internal tools and automations.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work closely with the consulting, software development, and model development teams to ensure that our models are meeting the needs of the clients and software as well as capturing the meteorology and atmospheric behavior of the peril at hand. You will conduct intensive validation and quality assurance reviews of model and software versions to ensure that KCC continues to release top of the line catastrophe models that major insurers and reinsurers will use to help make important decisions about their risks and portfolios. Additionally, you will work to develop internal tools and programs that improve the efficiency and automation of the client services team and our clients.
Join the KCC team and have a hand in the future of both the insurance and catastrophe risk modeling industries.
- Analyze internal processes and identify areas that can be optimized and automated
- Use client data and industry losses to perform model validation processes that enhance KCC’s latest catastrophe models
- Keep proper and detailed documentation of the development and code of all tools and products
- Participate in product development and testing of new releases of RiskInsight® software
- Develop tools and leverage RiskInsight APIs to help automate internal processes
- Maintain and update the data sets that drive the functionality of the tools, products, and models in the software
- Communicate with clients through calls, emails, and work products
- Identify client needs and determine how to best accomplish their goals
- Represent KCC at conferences, industry events, media opportunities, client interactions, and other activities
- Direct the efforts of project teams and ensure the timely delivery of work products
- 2-5 years relevant work experience in intensive data analysis
- Bachelor's or Master’s STEM degree – computer science, data science, economics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, engineering, or physics preferred
- Extensive experience in programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, and C#
- Experience with GitHub, Source Control, or other related software
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with optimization and automation coding
- Familiarity with using data-intensive computer models a plus
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills
Experience in property insurance or catastrophe modeling industry a plus