KCC seeks a Building Exposure Specialist to join our growing team of catastrophe model developers. KCC develops catastrophe reference models to estimate the probabilistic risk to natural perils. KCC scientists and engineers create stochastic sets of hypothetical catastrophe scenarios that are overlaid on geospatially distributed building exposure statistics. These geospatial databases are developed by the exposure development team for the Unites States and the rest of the world. This position is for a Building Exposure Specialist to be part of exposure development.
Karen Clark & Company (KCC) is the innovation and technology leader in catastrophe risk modeling. KCC professionals are globally recognized experts in catastrophe modeling and risk management. From our headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, we provide advanced models, innovative software, and comprehensive consulting services to (re)insurance company executives nationwide. These services enhance business strategies and the financial results put our clients at a competitive advantage. KCC catastrophe models currently cover tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, severe convective storms, floods, earthquakes, winter storms, and wildfires in over 50 countries. For more information, please visit www.kcc.us.com.
• Develop geographically detailed building exposures that are vulnerable to natural catastrophes
• Develop innovative and efficient computational methods to process large spatial datasets across multiple data types and structures
• Research global data with respect to building types and costs
• Obtain, process, analyze, and format vector and raster datasets from external data providers
• Prepare reports and presentations that describe results of completed and ongoing projects
• Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Geography, Economics, Statistics, or closely related fields
• 2-5 years related work experience
• Experience with GIS software suite (ArcGIS suite or QGIS) handling both vector and raster data
• Competent and proven analytical skills and programming experience in R/Python and SQL
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, an eye for professional presentation
• recognized organizational abilities
• Proven experience using ArcPy or PyQGIS, GDAL, RasterIO, and C# and .NET, a plus