KCC seeks a motivated Software Development Programmer to join our team.
- Do you want to make difference in the lives of people affected by catastrophic events such as hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes? Do you have a keen eye for identifying problems before they exist?
- We are a small group of software developers focused on solving real world problems for our clients
- We are extremely collaborative, continuously sharing ideas that makes us grow
- We have clear long-term objectives but we are adaptable and flexible to ensure our client's problem comes first and issue is worked to resolution
- Each of us is hands on with a relentless focus on clients and their priorities
- We operate with the mindset that we are a startup with a strong foundation and safety net
- Our founders have a tremendous amount of respect from the Insurance community having developed methods and processes to quantify catastrophe risk from hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes
- Our goal is to help our clients understand risk and facilitate risk transfer in the marketplace
- Rapid prototyping and product development to meet market needs and client demands
- Company is rapidly growing; challenging the incumbents in the industry
- Opportunity to develop domain expertise in insurance and big data
Karen Clark & Company (KCC) is the innovation and technology leader in catastrophe risk modeling. KCC professionals are globally recognized experts in catastrophe modeling and risk management. From our headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, we provide advanced models, innovative software, and comprehensive consulting services to (re)insurance company executives nationwide. These services enhance business strategies, and the financial results put our clients at a competitive advantage. KCC catastrophe models currently cover tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, severe convective storms, floods, earthquakes, winter storms, and wildfires in over 50 countries. For more information, please visit www.kcc.us.com.
- The SDP role is designed to take ownership of maintaining and improving application functionality and performance
- Develop/tune database queries to optimize application performance
- Collaborate with other team members as well as scientists and business risk analysts to ensure application enhancements are both backward compatible and extensible
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt within a changing environment
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering related field
- Experience with an object-oriented language such as C# or Java
- Experience working with large and complex databases using SQL
- Quantitative background (math/science/engineering) a plus